This is the only gift guide you need for 2015 for the adventurous and outdoorsy people in your life! We have found 10 great items at every price point, tested them, and can guarantee any of them would be a hit!
- Flex Lite chair. Weighing in at 1lb 10oz, it makes nights by the campfire even more cozy and comfy without having to carry a ton of extra weight. A handy side pocket provides a place to stash your phone or flashlight. It’s low height makes it great for concerts too! REI $72.50
- Jetboil MiniMo. Winner of Backpacker magazine’s 2015 Editors’ Choice Award, it’s our cooking stove of choice. The MiniMo has excellent simmer control and it is lightweight, easy to use, and dependable. REI $89.93
- Darn Tough socks. Merino wool, cushioned foot, and built to last. What more could you ask for? Available in a variety of styles for men and women. REI, price varies
- Yeti Rambler Tumbler. Yeti is known for their products and this tumbler is great. It keeps hot stuff hot and cold stuff cold for ages. Add a bottle of their favorite whiskey for hot toddies on cold winter days and you will be a hero! REI $30.00
- Exped Mega Mat 10 Sleeping Pad. This sleeping pad is mega big and mega warm. We tried it out in the store and I swear it’s more comfortable than our mattress at home. Ideal for car camping, the 4 in. of padding gives you amazing insulation with an R-value of 9.5. REI $219.00
- Osprey Atmos (for him) or Aura (for her). In both 50 and 65L sizes, this is THE must have pack for overnight trips. Featuring the Anti-Gravity suspension, it rides like a feather and has all the pockets you need to stash your gear. Check out Melanie’s review here. Anyone who receives this pack will be grateful to you for life! REI $229.95-259.95
- Down Booties. Insulated with duck down, and easy to compress, these are one of the “luxury” items we pack when winter camping. They are equally awesome around the house or in your cabin after a day of skiing. REI $44.50
- ENO Slackwire Slackline kit. If you want to improve your balance for rock climbing, hiking, or other athletic endeavors, a slackline is a great way to do it! Also great for building core muscles and building reflexes, they are fun for all ages. REI $69.95
- Petzl Tikka headlamp. A great all-around headlamp for hiking, camping, or even just late night dog walking or a surprise power outage. We love ours, they have been super durable and lightweight and it’s tough to go back to a flashlight after using one! REI $29.95
- Gerber Tripod Multi-Tool. Probably my favorite multi-tool ever. All the usual gadgets, plus a tripod that works with a cell phone or small camera. It gets the most use out of any feature on the multi-tool! Amazon, price varies
Looking for something a little less practical or a little more fun? We love these Man Crates, especially the Outdoor Survival Crate. Fun to open and filled with useful and cool items, they are great for that hard to buy for guy (or girl!) on your list.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means when you make a purchase, we receive a tiny bit of compensation at no added cost to you. We only promote products that we use and love, and any purchases you make go toward the cost of this blog. Thanks for all of your support, and if you ever have any questions about any of the products featured here, please comment and let us know!